Friday, June 10, 2011

Girl's Night Out!!

So I finally scrapped a layout on my girl's night out from this past February, when my BFF and I went to the Goo Goo Dolls Concert (shizzle!!!!!!!!!!!! Dream come true!!!!!) and I was able to use this blinged out title finally:


















Just looking at this makes me smile. We had such a blast. It was a dream come true for me!! And speaking of girl's nights out, I also went out a couple weeks ago as a lady from my office was leaving for maternity leave and we all wanted to get together and have a supper. We went to a local pub and had a fabulous meal and lots of beverages (of course she didn't as she's expecting!) A good time was had by all!! Here's me feeling no pain


















Tonight is the start of the online crop over at Scrapbook Star. Make sure you pop on in and join if you haven't, especially if you are Canadian!! We have alot of fun, great prizes and best of all it's a great place to hang out! My DT challenge is this:

My challenge to you is to use a big die cut paper. You know those papers that are shaped? I loved this round one and put it on top of the green cardstock so it would pop.

and here is what I made using the fabulous June kit:

















This kit was just so damn pretty. I love this picture of the DD. I wanted to do a layout on how I worry about the time when she will leave home as she is almost done Grade 11 and I know her time at home with us is running out. I thought the die cut paper with the picture of the house as well as the bird with her nest really symbolized this theme.

Also, you won't want to miss the big contest we have coming up over at Scrapbook Star:






Here she is Ms. Scrapbook Star 2011.
Come and Join the Scrapbook Star online community for a summer filled with Beauty Pageant themed challenges, competitions, badges, games and other fun. The Scrapbook Star Beauty Pageant runs from July 1, 2011 to August 31, 2011 with the winner being announced Monday September 5th. All challenges must be uploaded by midnight (PST) August 31st to be eligible for prizes and badges. To view a schedule of challenges and to become a contestant, please register at Scrapbookstar.ca.


This is going to be sooo fun!! Oh, on my Sony Reader I'm reading "No Lifeguard on Duty" by Janice Dickinson the former super model and wow!!














Wasn't she gorgeous??? I would kill for lips like hers. You know what? This book is confirming for me that you should NEVER judge a book by it's cover and you also shouldn't judge people unless you have walked a mile in their shoes. I have known this to be true for a long time but since I'm only human I seem to need the reminder every now and then. It sounds like Janice was one crazy bitch and a hellava lot of fun to hang around with!! I never really cared for what I saw of her on Celebrity Rehab or the top model shows as she came off as loud and abrasive but now that I'm "getting to her know her more" I think yeah, I like this chick!!!! Here is the write up as per Amazon.com:

From Publishers Weekly
Supermodel Dickinson's sex- and booze-soaked autobiography brings readers on a roller-coaster ride through the world of modeling, the emptiness of superficial relationships and the perils of drug addiction. Admitting that "terror is a great motivator," Dickinson fought like a tigress to establish her career. Courageous and confident of her worth, she demanded $20,000 for a job when the going rate was $5,000. Bolstered by Andy Warhol's advice, "you make your own luck," Dickinson represented Hush Puppies, Max Factor and Virginia Slims and ignored Calvin Klein's comment, "models aren't supposed to think." As a result, Dickinson is more interesting than some might expect, immersing herself in details about modeling and refining her skills as a photographer. Friendships with then-struggling actor Bruce Willis and her sisters have surprising warmth. The obligatory sensationalism is here concerning affairs with Jack Nicholson, Mick Jagger, Warren Beatty, Liam Neeson and Sylvester Stallone along with accounts of her multiple marriages and a near-fatal car wreck. While denouncing her hedonistic existence, Dickinson is also honest enough to acknowledge the stimulating aspects of success and glamour, explaining why they lure insecure personalities and imprison them past the point of no return. The book is sometimes predictable and psychologically simplistic, but Dickinson comes across as a triumphant survivor. Her willingness to recognize her own flaws makes it easy to relate to her positive message and should inspire readers searching for solutions to career and personal conflicts. Color & b&w photos.
Copyright 2002 Cahners Business Information, Inc


I am 1/2 way through it and it is an awesome read!!

2 comments:

Callista said...

Loving the layouts! You always knock my socks off with your creativity!! I just got to see U2 in concert and it was a total dream come true for me. I have loved them since I was like 12!!! LOL! have a great weekend!!

Marit said...

Aaahhh... girls' night out! It's been ages since I did that! Too bad you live so far away.... enjoy the weekend Glenda (and don't worry too much...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails