Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Year in The Life of An Art Journal

I love the 15th and the 30th when the new prompts are posted!! Check it out
here and here is the prompt:

THE PROMPT: Vertigo

THE SONG: Right Round Ft. Kesha

PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: Circles

and here is my art journal page on it:


















I also joined a "That girl aint right" ATC swap over at ATC's for All and made these cards (not sure why I was on a nun kick but she sure aint right!!) haha


















and












and













and













Man do I love my nun stamp!!! I made this one just because


















I made these layouts using the super gorgeous June kit from Scrapbook Star:

















The fabric strips that I used for my background were soooo yummy!! The round bling wasn't from the kit it was from my stash. Then I made this one as well


















I finally planted a couple planters of flowers for the front porch as well as a little flower garden.













I know it doesn't look like much right now but just wait until they spread out and bloom more. I'll take another picture of them later in the summer!

I'm reading "The First Sin" by Cheyenne McCray on my Sony reader and it's steamy!!













Here's the description as per Amazon.com:

Alexi Steele is determined, relentless, and driven to protect the innocent. She’s a top agent of the NSA’s clandestine Recovery Enforcement Division, specializing in human trafficking and sex crimes. Her current mission: To infiltrate the inner circle of Boston’s exclusive S&M clubs in order to save thirteen young women who are about to be auctioned off to the highest bidders. But Lexi’s only way in is under the “control” of her new partner in crime, Nicholas Donovan.

Nick will do whatever it takes to bring down the billionaire sex-ring mastermind who’s kidnapped his sister. But the games he must play as Lexi’s “dominant” are burning away his icy control, and blurring the lines between partners. Meanwhile, their enemies are closing in as they enter a devastating race against time…bringing them dangerously close to THE FIRST SIN.


It was so beautiful out the other night I laid in my new Zero Gravity chair in the back porch and read this book.


















I bought this program for my computer called DietPower and I love it. I had one of the really old versions of it like 10 years ago and bought the new one now as I need to better track my eating and excercise. I have
5-8 pounds that I want to lose and I know it doesn't sound like alot but I know how my clothes should fit and I'm not liking how they are fitting right now. I find when I don't monitor, or I'm not held accountable for what I eat and drink, I can just let loose. So I started today keeping track and I've already found myself not wanting to eat anything after supper because then I'll have to see it on the program! haha It's so easy and tracks everything for you including if you are getting enough nutrients such as calcium, vitamins, etc.. I love that if I exercise I can add it which gives me extra calories to eat (or drink!!) haha

Here's a pic of the boys I took while I was planting the flowers

3 comments:

dianna said...

Geez...a naughty nun stamp! Awesome...makes me think of my Mom (and how many people can say THAT???)
I want to sit in your lounger NOW! I'm sure it's nice and quiet too...just like MY house (bawahhhahahaaa!)
Your dogs are killing me! Especially your scruffy pup. LOVE that face : )

Marit said...

What a lot to see and admire in this post Glenda... your art journal page is stunning and honest en hits me right in the face - I love when art does that! The nun series is unbelievable: funny and soooo 'Glenda'! Makes me want to make ATC's (or buy stamps at VLV!) again. Enjoy, enjoy the weekend dear!

Rosie said...

OMG - what a great post! You don't look old enough to have a DD about to leave home! The naughty nun stamp is so cool! My DH would love it, so I am gonna have to hunt it down (I have some very warped friends whose birthdays will never be the same again if they get a card which includes that image!)
I'd like to have seen the Goo Goo Dolls too - thanks for introducing me to them!
The flower bed WILL look fab soon and your dogs are adorable - especially the little one, posing all 'wobbly'! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails