Monday, July 4, 2011

A Year In The Life of an Art Journal and more...

I'm so behind. But the good news is we found a place to rent while we build!!! And it's a really nice house that has everything we were looking for!! Thank you God!! Now I can breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy my summer. I have been collecting boxes like a madwoman but have yet to start packing.

I'm behind on posting the new prompt over at the
A Year in the Life of an Art Journal hosted by Susan so without further adieu here it is:

The Prompt: What's the deal?

The Song: Running Up That Hill by Placebo (or Kate Bush)

Product/Technique: Playing Cards

and here is my take on it:


















Life has been so super busy. John's birthday was on Saturday so we had beers on the deck and enjoyed the sun













and here is my annual birthday pic which was yesterday:


















and my birthday present to myself was a new iphone!!
















This phone is the coolest. Ever. Having a blast with the apps and playing around with it.

Right now I just started reading "The Beast House" by Richard Laymon on my Sony Reader:









and here is the write up as per Goodreads:

The waxworks were so realistic.
Bodies torn and chewed. Blood blackly-encrusting open wounds. Flaps of skin hanging loose, clawed from the stripped, ripped corpses. Men, women, children, slaughtered, mangled...

The old woman who showed them round was well-practised in her grim, money-spinning take of the mysterious beast that has killed and killed again. Of course it was all in the past and all nonsense. Anyone would agree to that.

Until, trapped, they heard, then smelled and felt the white, night-time creature that had come, grunting and spittle-slicked, for their bodies, their blood.


and it's the 2nd book, the first one in this series was called "The Cellar" and it was awesome!

Had a little scrappy time last week and made this

















and this


















This week is my last week of work and then I will be on holidays for 3 glorious weeks!! Bring it on!!!!!!

3 comments:

Callista said...

Loving all the art!!!

Marit said...

Congratulations with your birthday Glenda!!! And congrats on finding a place to stay while you built the house... I can imagine that's a great relief! Now you can truly enjoy your holiday-weeks! I love your artpieces... all of them!!

Ashley said...

I've read the beast house - it's very good! Happy Birthday!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails