Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Year in the Life of an Art Journal

I can't believe it's that time again!! Here is yesterday's prompt from
A Year in the Life of an Art Journal:

This prompt was brought to you by SUSAN!!

The Prompt: Control
The Song: Only Girl (in the world) by Rhianna
Product/Technique: lipstick

I used a portion of the lyrics "take me for a ride" as I had this fun picture that I had taken while I was driving (I know, I know!)and just had some fun with it. I drive this route every day to get to work and loved the perspective of the photo.


















I have been soooo busy packing up for our move that it's crazy. Here is my art room as it sits today....


















I haven't made art in soooo long. Sigh. We move August 12th so hopefully I'll be back in business at the end of August!! I miss it. I did do this layout a while back

















I am currently reading this book on my reader:


















and here is the description as per Amazon.ca:

Soon to be a major motion picture—produced by Guillermo del Toro and directed by J.A. Bayona

REMAIN CALM DO NOT PANIC TAKE SHELTER WAIT FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS THE SITUATION IS UNDER CONTROL Society is rocked by a sudden increase in the number of violent assaults on individuals. Christened 'Haters' by the media, the attackers strike without warning, killing all who cross their path. The assaults are brutal, remorseless and extreme: within seconds, normally rational, self-controlled people become frenzied, vicious killers. There are no apparent links as a hundred random attacks become a thousand, then hundreds of thousands. Everyone, irrespective of gender, age, race or any other difference, has the potential to become a victim - or a Hater. People are afraid to go to work, afraid to leave their homes and, increasingly, afraid that at any moment their friends, even their closest family, could turn on them with ultra violent intent. Waking up each morning, no matter how well defended, everyone must now consider the fact that by the end of the day, they might be dead. Or perhaps worse, become a killer themselves. As the status quo shifts, ATTACK FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER becomes the order of the day... only, the answers might be much different than what you expect....

In the tradition of H. G. Wells and Richard Matheson, Hater is one man’s story of his place in a world gone mad— a world infected with fear, violence, and HATE.


It's really good so far!!!

Now you all know how much I love my iphone4 but what I don't love is the keyboard (it's touch screen) and how it auto corrects. The auto corrects can be really bizarre sometimes and there is even a website dedicated to this called "Damn you auto correct" and it's hysterical!!! I love these in particular:



















and


















and


















and


















and there are sooooo many more great ones.

Today is my last day as a DT member over at Scrapbook Star. I decided that with our move I just wouldn't have the time it takes to fulfill my duties but I will still be "hanging" out there for sure!! I may not be around as much until we get settled but once I am settle I plan on playing along with everyone!!

Well, that's all I have today, I better start packing some more boxes!!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I am addicted to autocorrect too! I make my daily screen prints and enlighten my friends with the ones I find particularly hilarious, and especially vulgar!

Nikki said...

Awesome page Glenda! You know I love your work! I did post the 30th prompt in the guest host blog, but for the life of me i cannot find your email to email it to you directly...LOL. I'll shoot you a message on scraptastic too... :)

Kim(Kimmie to a select few) said...

Hi Glenda, long time since I have commented on your beautiful works of art. Stunning as usual! lad you sold the house finally, that took...well...a little while. :) Wish I could bring myself to get back to scrapping but unfortunately life has taken me down the path of "F#$k it!" so it will be awhile. Just when I started to think I had some real talent too...lol Anyway, just thought I would say hi, take care of yourself, enjoy this gorgeous yet temperamental weather! BTW, I am going to be a grandma in February!(Sadly, not by choice) Eeks!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails