Tuesday, August 23, 2011

We are finally moved!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crikey!! Talk about the never ending move!! I seriously felt like we were stuck in some nightmarish vortex of moving hell!! We had the movers come on Friday, Aug 12th to move all the appliances and big items, then we spent the Saturday and Sunday moving trailer loads of the rest of our boxes and stuff. THEN...(I know, it seems to never end) we worked all week and the next weekend had to spend 2 days moving stuff out of John's 2 garages (don't even get me started on that) and clean the yard. Possession for the new people was yesterday. Hallefuckinluja!!!!!!!!!! Now I am just slowly unpacking necessities at the rental and I don't care if I live out of boxes for the next 6-7 months because what's the point when I know we will be into the new house then?

I miss making art. My art room is mostly still in boxes in the garage. Sigh. Hoping to slowly bring things in this week.

We celebrated our 23rd anniversary on Saturday and had beers on the deck and ordered chinese food. Bliss.


















Right now I'm reading "One Second After" on my Sony Reader










and it's soooo good! Here is the description as per Amazon.ca

New York Times best selling author William R. Forstchen now brings us a story which can be all too terrifyingly real...a story in which one man struggles to save his family and his small North Carolina town after America loses a war, in one second, a war that will send America back to the Dark Ages...A war based upon a weapon, an Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP). A weapon that may already be in the hands of our enemies.

Months before publication, One Second After has already been cited on the floor of Congress as a book all Americans should read, a book already being discussed in the corridors of the Pentagon as a truly realistic look at a weapon and its awesome power to destroy the entire United States, literally within one second. It is a weapon that the Wall Street Journal warns could shatter America. In the tradition of On the Beach, Fail Safe and Testament, this book, set in a typical American town, is a dire warning of what might be our future...and our end.


I find this kind of scenario absolutely horrifying and so scary!!

I am going to be celebrating my 20 years long time service this year for the place where I work and we were able to go to this gallery and pick out whatever we wanted up to a certain amount. I walked into the gallery and fell in love with these. Sid Dickens memory blocks!!! Where the hell have I been, under a rock or something?? I had never heard of them and was instantly smitten!! They are very collectible and it takes 5 artists to handcraft each block. After a certain amount of time he retires some of the blocks and then smashes the molds, making them even more collectible.

I picked out these 3 blocks as my gift and cannot wait to hang them in our new house:
This one is called Camelia


















and this one is called The kiss


















and this one is called Bird in flight


















Aren't they just gorgeous?? As luck would have it all 3 of these are retired! How lucky am I???? Have you heard of Sid Dickens before?? He's a Vancouver artist which makes him even better, he's Canadian!! I told John that now he has something he can get me for each birthday and Christmas!! I said for Christmas I wanted him to get me one but the catch is that he has to pick out one not that he thinks I will like but one that he himself likes. That way when I look at the wall of memory blocks there will be a piece of him on there.

I'll leave you with this joke I found hilarious!

2 comments:

Marit said...

First of all: thanks for the joke! I'm grinning ear to ear now... that's ME talking!!!! Haaaahaahaaaa
Congrats on moving dear, it's about time indeed! Hope you find your art journal stuff soon... I miss your art! But I'll settle with the picture and the blocks... beautiful!

Fleursbydesign said...

Congrats on 23 years! I love the photo of you and your hubby! Love the artwork - I have never heard of him but I will have to look him up. The book sounds awesome too - have to see if I can find it for my e-reader.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails