Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!!

So this year we didn't do the traditional turkey. Which I did kind of miss in a way. We had the kids over and we ordered chinese food instead! haha! I did say I wasn't feeling very festive because of this move but really it's who you are with, not what you are eating, that makes the moment. And the chinese food was pretty good!

I got my copy of the Autumn 2011 Somerset Memories and I'm on
page 37! I just love this magazine and the artwork is always so inspiring and creative!!

















and here is my layout on the bottom called "crabby"

















I played along with a couple challenge sites and made some more ATC's. The first challenge was for the Think Monday Think ATC and the theme was "witches" so I made this:

















and the next one was for a new challenge site that I was thrilled to find called SoArtful Challenges where you were given two images to use as well as the Take a word challenge blog where the word was "blackbird". How convenient for me! haha












I also played along today with Collage Obsession and the theme was "masks" so I busted out this mask stamp that I have had gathering dust and have never used. That's one of the reasons I love challenges because if it weren't for this challenge when would I have used that stamp?? When? Here's my ATC:

















This looks better in person because when I scanned it some of the feather and the middle crown jewel are missing.

I had my ma and pa come into town for the Thanksgiving weekend and had a good time visiting. It was a short visit, only 2 days, but we sure had alot of fun. My mom is so much fun and we always get some good photo ops. Here's me and my mom

















and here's me doing a self portrait (love the iphone app called Be Funky, it lets you pick from so many different effects.


Well since I have the day to myself I'm off to make some more art and play in my art room!!!

12 comments:

Bill said...

Wow. All of your work is wonderful! Congrats on being in the magazine.

Dian Crayne said...

Your mask is a great combination of textures and colors. Very well done!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

wow you are one busy lady! Fabulous creations and congrats on the publication too! Happy Thanksgiving also from another Canadian. And finally, thanks for joining us at So Artful Challenges!

Kaylene said...

WEll done to be published, your work is wonderful and thank you for sharing.

Grannie Annie said...

Two wonderful collages great job!!!

"MOI" Freubel said...

You are indeed a busy lady Glenda and my compliments to ALL your work !!
Very cool !

Rhonda said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Love having that extra day to play! Your creations are terrific! Love the witch ATC and the Blackbird is fabulous! Looks like you had lots of fun with your Mom - very cool. Cheers!

Femmy said...

great pieces, love all of them!

Rein said...

Wonderful artwork!

dianna said...

Congrats on the mag Lady! You always create the best stuff*!*
Chinese food? YES please!
And your mom...she is a hottie!
; )

bluegiraffe (Sherry) said...

Congrats on being published! I love all the artwork you've shared with us here.

Wendy said...

your witch atc is fricking awesome. Would you be able to tell me where you got the image from?? Many thanks.

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails