Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy mail day!!

Ok, so I caved. I bought some patterned paper. I haven't done this for probably 8 months or so because I have so damn much!!! But when I saw these pretty papers on sale I just could not resist. Call the paper
po po....














Surely you can see why I had to right? Then I got these goodies as well













Check out that woodgrain stencil!!!!!!!! Cannot wait to play with it! Of course I've been sitting on this damn computer instead of playing. Sigh.

The new prompt is up over at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal and here it is brought to you by Becky:

THE PROMPT: Peace

THE SONG: I Believe in Music - Mac Davis

PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: Leather

and here is my take on it:

















I also scrapped a layout on the weekend!

















I'm 1/2 way through "The Hunger Games" and it is so freakin awesome!!! I totally see what all of the hype is about! I was told today (thanks Victoria!!) there are actually 2 more books that belong in this series. CANNOT WAIT.

8 comments:

Marit said...

I haven't bought pattern paper myself in a long time... seeing this, my hands start to itch. I might even 'do a scrapbook layout' soon! I'm curious to see where the templates will lead you... your latest journal page for AYITLOAAJ is awesome!

JJ Sobey said...

You are going to have fun with that woodgrain template - I already love mine.

I really like the texture on your journal page!

jsdavies said...

Love your art journal page!!

Just bought some patterned paper myself for the first time in almost a year!

Barbara said...

Ohhhhh, I love that wood template! Very cool.
Have fun with your new toys.

Fleursbydesign said...

Love the woodgrain stencil - great art journal page :)

Tina said...

Sometimes we all need to cave! LOL. Awesome journal page. I agree with JJ you will love that woodgrain template! :D

Karen said...

That pp set is gorgeous! The journalling prompts sound very inspiring too!

{ Kristina } said...

Lovely art journal page. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails