Sunday, November 20, 2011

I love you mojo!!!!

I am so happy that I found my mojo again. I have been on a total scrapping and ATC frenzy and can't tell you how happy it makes my heart. I can hardly wait to get settled in our final house and make an art room that is truly mine, one that I won't have to move from.

There were a few challenges that I busted my ass to make tonight as the deadline for them is almost here and the first one is
Use your stuff (and thank God I found these guys because I truly do need to USE MY STUFF!!!!) where the challenge was "white" so I made this ATC (but I had to add just a touch of green!) and also Shopping our stash where the challenge was "never been inked before" so I used a stamp that I have never inked before which was the naked woman

















The next one was the ARTastic challenge blog where the challenge was a painting of Bacchus where I used the color scheme as well as fit all 3 of these in:

1. Fruit or grapes on your page= 1pt
2. wine glass and or bottle on your page = 2pts
3. A bow = 3pts

I know, holy shit! I love these guys because how challenging is that??? So I used 2 different stamps to make this and as you can see I have fruit (the pear), a wine glass (she's holding it) and a bow (I made a glittery one for her hair)












And last but not least I had made this one for another challenge but missed the boat (that's what happens when you wait until the last minute to play in your art room)

















It's cold where I live and I am so not ready for winter. If I never saw another snowflake again I would not be sad. Seriously. Here is what the backyard of the rental looks like













which makes me think of this:

COLD IS A RELATIVE THING. . . . . . .
65 above zero:
Floridians turn on the heat.
People in Saskatchewan plant gardens.

60 above zero:
Californians shiver uncontrollably.
People in Saskatchewan sunbathe.

50 above zero:
Italian & English cars won't start.
People in Saskatchewan drive with the windows down.

40 above zero:
Georgians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats.
People in Saskatchewan throw on a flannel shirt.

35 above zero:
New York landlords finally turn up the heat.
People in Saskatchewan have the last cookout before it gets cold.

20 above Zero
People in Miami all die.
Saskatchewanians close the windows.

Zero:
Californians fly away to Mexico.
People in Saskatchewan get out their winter coats.

10 below zero:
Hollywood disintegrates.
The Girl Scouts in Saskatchewan are selling cookies door to door.

20 below zero:
Washington DC runs out of hot air.
People in Saskatchewan let the dogs sleep indoors.

30 below zero:
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Saskatchewanians get upset because they can't start the Snow-mobile.

40 below zero:
ALL atomic motion stops.
People in Saskatchewan start saying...'Cold enough fer ya?'

50 below zero:
Hell freezes over.
Saskatchewan public schools will open 2 hours late

Yep, how can you tell I live in Saskatchewan??? haha

I can't believe it wasn't that long ago that we sat on this snow covered deck and had beers and listed to music. Here is a layout I just did about summmer (I miss you summer!!!!!)

















I also made this layout on my sweet pea's cast from when he broke his little leg (it's off now and he's as good as new!)
















and speaking of my little sweet pea we had the grandkids for a visit on the weekend and here is our smiley girl

















and my little man













and my little man after Grama played him out and gave him snacks and chocolate milk













It was so cute, he fell asleep sitting up just like an old man! haha

13 comments:

Joy said...

Fabulous ATC, I love the hint of turquoise. Very pretty.
Thanks for joining the challenge at Use Your Stuff.

Jane said...

Love your ATC's. Also love your cold comparison - in fact I just had to send it off to my cousin in Winnipeg, she'll think it a real hoot and since I'm in Australian I'm just so very grateful I know nothing about 50 below!!

Barbara said...

I always love how creative you are with your work. Of course, I'm partial to your first ATC but their all gorgeous.

Funny weather poem. We certainly don't see the severe weather in Ontario that you see in Saskatchewan.

Marit said...

The pear ATC is marvelous! Oh girl, am I glad you found your mojo! I missed your ATC's!!

Helene said...

Your entry to the ARTastic Challenge is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along!

Cecelia said...

Love, love, love your project! The stamp is amazing and I love all the colors! Fabulous job with the ATC! Thank yu so much for joining us over at ARTastic and I do hope to see yu next month;0) Hugs xx

Crystal said...

Fabulous projects & it's always fun to come across another fellow Canadian in Blogland! Love your poem about Saskatchewan! Thankfully here in BC we don't get too much snow and I'm hoping it's the same again this year! Thanks for playing along with us over at SOS this week :)

Chantelle said...

Hey, great stamping there - have enjoyed reading this post and seeing your art - thanks for playing along at ARTastic.

DebiJ said...

Very clever ATC - love that stamping & your words..also loved your weather details...certainly different in Australia, where I live at Christmas...hot, hot, hot!! Thanks for playing with us at ARTastic!

amanda73 said...

love your atcs, layouts and photos, thanks for playing at artastic, wanna see you again next month

Dale Tiernan said...

Glenda, your work is just so creative and wonderful.
I've seen snow once, long time ago when I was 19. I went skiing. It never, ever snows here so I can't imagine what it's like to live with it. I don't like being cold, so I think I would find it an immense challenge. Good weather for scrapping I would think.

Shazza said...

I'm impressed with your entry Glenda!
Very creative and your blog is gorgeous, it looks like you lend a hand to almost anything! great work on the artastic entry..BBRRRrrrr!!!
I dont think I could live in snow... to used to the hot weather in australia!!!
cheers
Shazza

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

I just found this post from ARTastic. Your Bacchus entry is fabulous - I love your clever play on words!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails