Tuesday, November 29, 2011

If you can't play nice play roller derby!

So I joined an ATC swap where the theme was "derby girls" and I had a blast making these cards:

















and

















and

















and because I was on a roll, and I wasn't even wearing skates, I made these just because

















and

















and to really get into the derby groove I watched "Whip it" which was a really fun show!













and here is the trailer


Great show.

I got a scrappy prize package in the mail today from Scrapjazz and my jaw dropped!! Here is all the scrappy goodness, I couldn't believe it!!













Wowzers eh?? I had fun going through the box and taking all of these goodies out!! I also got my 2 free Shreddies t-shirts today as well - happy mail day!! I eat shreddies every day for breakfast and inside 2 of the boxes you could go online and input a code to order your free Shreddies t-shirt so I got 2!


















Right now I'm reading "Prey" on my Sony Reader, which is the 4th book of 6 in this series:














and here is the description as per Amazon.ca:

Sometimes playing cat and mouse is no game…
Play? Right. My Pride is under fire from all sides, my father's authority is in question and my lover is in exile. Which means I haven't laid eyes on Marc's gorgeous face in months. And with a new mother and an I-know-everything teenager under my protection, I don't exactly have time to fantasize about ever seeing him again.

Then our long-awaited reunion is ruined by a vicious ambush by strays. Now our group is under attack, Marc is missing and I will need every bit of skill and smarts to keep my family from being torn apart. Forever.

Nothing new on the house front, John is hoping to pour the grade beam this week and it's supposed to snow tomorrow so I hope he gets it done soon!

9 comments:

Barbara said...

that's quite the package from Scrapjazz! Have fun with it.
Those Derby ATCs are so cool. I'll have to check out that movie.

Cheryl said...

What fun ATC's. Congrats on the prize pack - it's awesome!

Janet Zeppa said...

You are one creative girl Glenda! What an awesome prize!

Fleursbydesign said...

Fun ATC's i love the one with the half skull face - awesome :)

bradsmom06 said...

WOW!! There is so much new-ness in your life!! I haven't stalked in forever!! Still as talented as always, and I am crazy jealous of your blog books!! How cool is that!!

Happy Holidays G :)

Marit said...

Wow, what a wonderful package! Even alphabet stamps? Eeeck... no wonder you jumped with joy! The ATC's are again hilarious and fabulous! I sooo love your ATC-skills! You're the best!

Stephanie Joanna said...

Love all the ATC's. My favorite is "my derby mom can beat your soccer mom up" hehe

Robert Johnstone said...

Incredible. It's creative, and it's open and flowing, and it's awesome, and it's fun.

dianna said...

Those cards ROCK lady!!! AGAIN*!*
; )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails