Saturday, November 26, 2011

More ATC's

I've said it before and I'll say it again, one of the best things about making ATC's is that you can get your art on and it doesn't take a huge chunk of time. You can still satisfy your artistic craving and have fun making a little piece of art! I played along with a few challenge blogs this past week, the first one being
Use your stuff where the theme was "summer blues" so I made this ATC using one of my fave beach stamps and colored it with watercolor and then stamped the title












The next challenge was for the Think Monday Think ATC where the challenge was "children" so I used another stamp to make this one:

















Next up are those Crazy Amigos where the theme was "purple" and I had fun making this sassy purple one

















and last but not least was the Three Muses where the theme was "That's entertainment" so I made this fun one:

















I just finished reading "Dark Places" on my Sony reader and it was frickin amazing!

















Here is the descrption as per amazon.ca:

I have a meanness inside me, real as an organ.


Libby Day was seven when her mother and two sisters were murdered in “The Satan Sacrifice of Kinnakee, Kansas.” As her family lay dying, little Libby fled their tiny farmhouse into the freezing January snow. She lost some fingers and toes, but she survived–and famously testified that her fifteen-year-old brother, Ben, was the killer. Twenty-five years later, Ben sits in prison, and troubled Libby lives off the dregs of a trust created by well-wishers who’ve long forgotten her.

The Kill Club is a macabre secret society obsessed with notorious crimes. When they locate Libby and pump her for details–proof they hope may free Ben–Libby hatches a plan to profit off her tragic history. For a fee, she’ll reconnect with the players from that night and report her findings to the club . . . and maybe she’ll admit her testimony wasn’t so solid after all.

As Libby’s search takes her from shabby Missouri strip clubs to abandoned Oklahoma tourist towns, the narrative flashes back to January 2, 1985. The events of that day are relayed through the eyes of Libby’s doomed family members–including Ben, a loner whose rage over his shiftless father and their failing farm have driven him into a disturbing friendship with the new girl in town. Piece by piece, the unimaginable truth emerges, and Libby finds herself right back where she started–on the run from a killer.


I did not want to put this book down, it grabbed me right from the beginning and took me on a joy ride!! Loved it!

Now I'm reading "Facing the dragon"












and here is the description as per Amazon.com:

After more than twenty-three years addicted to methamphetamine and otherdrugs, David Parnell put an SKS assault rifle under his chin and pulled the trigger.The blast took off half his face, yet somehow he survived. They called him the 'miracle man' at the Nashville hospital where he'd been pronounced clinically dead. Following an afterlife experience where he briefly experienced hell, David woke up in the hospital, and he was changed forever, both physically and emotionally. In Facing the Dragon, you will witness the slow, agonizing metamorphosis of a good-looking high-school athlete into a violent, drug-dealing, psychotic wife-beater whose children were terrified of him. In graphic detail, you'll relive his suicide attempts and then walk alongside him as he endures countless surgeries to reconstruct his decimated face and learns how to cope with his hideous disfigurement. Now thirty-nine, Parnell is clean and sober and is making the most of the second chance he's been given, bringing his message about the dangers of meth and other drugs to schools, prisons, churches, and antidrug organizations around the world as a full-time lecturer. By experiencing the nightmare of his life—and his brief glimpse of hell—you will find hope and healing when facing your own life-threatening dragons.


Wow eh? I just started it but I'm sure it will be an amazing, sad and inspirational story. God I hate drugs.

The house is progressing! We now have the basement walls poured and next will be the grade beam and then the floor will get started!! yay!! Here are some pics of my guys hard at work. Here's my hubs John

















and then my son Michael and our friend Dave













I missed getting pictures of the big pour day for the basement walls as I was sick so I'll have to try to get the next batch of good ones!!

3 comments:

Marit said...

You always seem to find the most wonderful stamps and images, the ATC's are again gorgeous!!! Succes with 'da house'!!! (It looks cold outside on the pics!)

Barbara said...

I agree with Marit - you must have the best stamp collection - such gorgeous images.
I'd love to sit and play with you one day just to watch your process. I'm so envious of your free creativity.
Thanks for playing along with the Use Your Stuff challenge. You rocked it.

indybev said...

I loved your interpretation of the entertainment challenge at Three Muses. Thanks for playing along!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails