Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I know I'm a little late but I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!! It was such a busy time for me because John was sick with a horrible cold and was trying to get the roof on the house before the snow came so I made the Christmas supper by myself! Lucky for me Pa was there to help mash the potatoes and carve the turkey!! It was so nice to be all together. Here's a couple collages of our Christmas night. Pa loved his new Ed Hardy tie and check out mom, she has the exact same cool skull sweater that I have! We have the same tastes in clothes!

















and here you can see the 2 Gramas enjoying themselves as well as Michael and Paige.

















and here is a collage of our Boxing Day with the grandkids. Lucky I had Paige to help me out as John and Michael were working on the roof again!

















It was so much fun to watch Keegan open his presents this year. He even could say the word "present"! He just loved the Thomas train set we got him and pretty much ignored everything else! haha Caitlyn on the other hand is easily amused with anything, even the wrapping at this age! It was such a nice visit.

I'm off all week but poor John is slaving away on this house and really wanted the roof done for the shingler before the snow came but today the snow is falling heavy. Here is where we are at right now:

















and

















I am amazed that they have gotten so much done for only the two of them!!

After Christmas I treated myself to a new Sid Dickens block for my collection and picked this one:

















It's a retired tile so I had to get it. Once he breaks the mold you can't purchase them anymore plus I loved the gorgeous colors on it. On the Sid Dickens site you can create virtual walls and these are the tiles I have so far:













I can't wait to get into the new house and find a wall to hang all of these!!!

I also treated myself to a new boom box for my iphone













and I'm currently reading "Feed" on my Sony Reader.

















Here's the description as per Amazon.ca:


The year was 2014. We had cured cancer. We had beat the common cold. But in doing so we created something new, something terrible that no one could stop. The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED.

NOW, twenty years after the Rising, Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives-the dark conspiracy behind the infected. The truth will out, even if it kills them.


It's pretty darn good so far!! Well, I did say I was actually going to make art while I was off so I need to get off this computer and do it!!! How about you, have you been making art or have you been like me, too busy. Then when I did have some time I was either too tired and plugged a movie in or read a book!

And how about you, what was your favorite present or what did you treat yourself to?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails