Monday, December 19, 2011

Where has the time gone??

I've been a bad blogger. With Christmas fast approaching and life getting in the way I have had no time to make anything artsy. Sigh. I did order some awesome art goodies though and when I have my 10 days off during the Christmas break I am going to make stuff like there is no tomorrow!!! I need to get my art on!! Here's my new goodies and I got the Glimmer Mists for an amazing price of $2.50 to $2.70 each from a great sale last month!! At that price I can afford to buy a bunch to add to my collection!! haha Plus I can't wait to use the chicken wire stencil and yes, I broke down and bought some papers. Couldn't resist they were gorgeous!














New prompt is up over at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal and this is it:

THE PROMPT: Lighten Up
THE SONG: Raise Your Glass by Pink
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: Confetti

and this is my take on it using my super dooper big 12 x 12 new art journal:
















I'm reading the book "Survivors" on my Sony Reader:

















and this is the description as per Amazon.ca:

BEFORE HOSTEL...BEFORE SAW..THERE WAS SURVIVOR... It was supposed to be a romantic weekend getaway. Lisa was looking forward to spending time alone with her husband-and telling him that they are going to have a baby. Instead, it becomes a nightmare when her husband is arrested and Lisa is kidnapped. But the kidnappers aren't asking for ransom. They want Lisa herself. They're going to make her a star-in a snuff film. What they have in mind for Lisa is unspeakable. They plan to torture and murder her as graphically and brutally as possible, and to capture it all on film. If they have their way, Lisa's death will be truly horrifying...but even more horrifying is what Lisa will do to survive... Deadite Press is proud to present the classic hardcore horror novel by J. F. Gonzalez. Now a new generation of readers will ask - how far would you go to survive?

Holy shit right?? Not the most festive book to have started right before Christmas but what can I say??

I made my shortbread cookies on the weekend, wrapped the gifts and still have more stuff to do. Dropped by the new house today and took some pictures, we have some walls!!!!!!













and here's my guys working













and my son













and the hubs













I am getting more excited now that we have a structure!!! Had the grandkids over on Sunday and got my snuggles on! Can't wait to see Keegan's face when he comes over to open his presents!!! It's funny because Caitlyn likes to touch Keegan's toys and then smile and it drives him crazy!!! haha













You can see the mischief in her smile can't you? haha

2 comments:

Marit said...

Oh man.. the children are so cute! I would melt seeing that smile... All new goodies ánd 10 days of will be awesome! (time to come and play at the top 2000 blog party *teehee*)

Gaby Bee said...

Wanted to send along some wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Gaby xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails