Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Year in the Life of an Art Journal

Yeah I'm a little late posting this one. In fact I had thought I had done my page but when I got the email I saw my page wasn't included so I then realized I had forgotten to do it!! Here is the November 30th prompt for the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal brought to you by Marit!

THE PROMPT: Open up

THE SONG: Roll away your stone - Mumford & Sons

PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: texture photo/image

and here is my take on the prompt:

















I only have 1 page left in my art journal so I finally busted out one of my new 12 x 12 art journals!! Here it is:













I love it because I've never art journaled in this big of a size before, the same size that I scrapbook in, plus the pages are nice and thick. Perfect for painty goodness. Here is my first page I did in the new journal:

















I'm really, really loving this new bigger size. I think it's maybe because I scrapbook this size and just feel more comfortable with it. How about you, have you art journaled in a 12 x 12 size yet?

2 comments:

JJ Sobey said...

I've never art journalled at that size - oddly enough, even though I prefer to scrap large, I think I prefer smaller for art journaling (usually 5.5x8.5 - ish)

Love the page!

Marit said...

I seem to 'block' when I see square shaped pages lately - so I think you're very brave to art journal on such a size and shape! I do have a large art journal (25 x 35 cm - 9.8 x 13.8 inch) and I sometimes feel like 'going big' - but more often I prefer the smaller pages. I love your take on the prompt Glenda, and am glad that my pages isn't the only one at AYITLOAAJ anymore!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails