Sunday, January 22, 2012

A new year, a new post for AYITLOAAJ!!

Ok, so it's now 2012 and we have our first post of the year for the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal!! Actually the prompt was posted on January 15th and I'm a little late blogging about it! We are off to a bang as we have more people than ever playing along, it's so awesome!! If you have ever wanted to play or start art journaling come on over and check it out and add your linky to your project. The prompts are on the 15th and 30th of every month!! Here is the prompt:

THE PROMPT: Word
ie: along the lines of One Little Word, choose one word that embodies the way you want your year to be LIVED.
THE STUFF: Imagery
ie: Use images, clippings... all to create the FEELING of the word you choose.
THE TECHNIQUE: PAINT/DOODLE
ie: paint and doodle on your images to further create the emotion of your word.

I totally loved the idea of picking a word and my word was "serenity" because my life this past year has been anything but serene. Here is my take on the prompt:















Just looking at this page makes me feel more calm, more serene. I love how it looks in my large 12 x 12 art journal too!

I hope to see you come and play along with us!!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Now that is awesome! I love the way you continued the landscape and sky from the photo. The butterflies are a nice touch. Very calming.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails