Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Year in the Life of an Art Journal

I'm back from holidays and it was a lovely time as always! I haven't had much time to be artsy (actually I've had zero time to be artsy) so all I'm posting is the new A Year in the Life of an Art Journal prompt hosted by yours truly! Here it is:

THE PROMPT: Childhood memories
(it can be something from your own childhood or from your kids, a memory, a thought...)
THE STUFF: Glimmer mists & paint (time to get messy!)
THE TECHNIQUE: silhouettes (can be black, patterned paper, anything goes as long as it's a silhouette)

How fun is that right?? Some of the fondest memories I have are of my kids and whenever I drive home for lunch from work (the elementary school is right near my work) and see a little girl with a pink backback I always think of my daughter so I really enjoyed making this page. Of course she is almost a grown woman now so the memories are always bittersweet.

Here is my journal page


















Today John and I went looking at carpet, lino and paint samples to match up with our hardwood. I'm getting super pumped!!! We are at the mudding and taping stage and I'll post some pics soon, along with pics of some of the fun stuff I bought on my trip.

I hope to see some of you play along with us over at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal!!

2 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Hi Glenda! I love, love love your page! What a great prompt, and that photo treatment is so awesome! Can't wait to get going on my page! Thanks for the inspiration!

Katt aka LaLa said...

Fantastic page, love it! Your prompt for the next challenge is awesome! When I read it immediately all these childhood memories started popping up in my mind. Can't wait to get started on my page!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails