Friday, March 30, 2012

I saw the Hunger Games!!!














Last night Paige and I and her friend Melissa went to the show and saw "The Hunger Games"!!! It was AWESOME!! I have read all 3 books and really wanted to see the show and the show did not disappoint, let me tell you!!























I love seeing a movie after I have read the book and I was really pleased with how it turned out. Have you seen it? I had shivers through various scenes in the movie, it was incredible.

Ok, it's that time again, time for the new prompt at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal and today's prompt is brought to you by Margrethe and here it is:

THE PROMPT: Everyday
THE STUFF: Receipts, newspaper headlines, clothing tags, photos of your day
THE TEChNIQUE: Journaling

and here is my take on this





















I love the everyday stuff! Since I'm also a scrapper I've always loved scrapping the everyday and this has followed me into my art journals. I used pictures of things I see or do everyday and just looking at this collage of "my everyday life" makes me smile. Ok, maybe not the laundry or dishes part....but totally the reading, snacking and making art part!! haha

I actually scrapped our move from LAST summer into the rental. Wow, at this rate I should be scrapping our next move from this May in another 2 years! I can't wait to get caught up!!!!
























Last week John and I went to look at lighting for the house and there is soooo much to choose from!!! We ended up getting a gorgeous wooden fan for the livingroom and the 3 hanging lights for above the island but still have lots to pick out yet!

















had a great visit with the grandkids last weekend, here is Paige and Caitlyn


















and Keegan


















and the house is coming along, here is Michael







































and John























and the progress


















I believe the mudding and taping will commence this weekend, yay!!!

Concert news: I got my ticket to go and see John Cougar Mellencamp in June!! woohoo!





I can't wait! I grew up with his songs all throughout the 80's!! Long live the 80's!!

Found out the lino we picked has been discontinued and I have to go today after work and try to find some other stuff I like. How shitty is that?? I had my heart set on that particular one. But it's Friday so I'll pull through!!!

1 comment:

Marit said...

Wow, that's some update on EVERYTHING Glenda! Love your post! Good luck with finding all the right stuff for the house, I know that can be exhausing (but also fun!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails