Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Year in the Life of an Art Journal

The new prompt is up over at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal and here it is brought to you by Rachel:

THE PROMPT: These are a Few of My Favorite Things
THE STUFF: List of your favorite things. ie: fave color, book, coffee creamer, drink, season, flowers... etc.
THE TECHNIQUE: Brown paper ie: "brown paper packages tied up with string" and labels from some of your favorite things

I loved making this page of my favorites and although I didn't use brown paper I did use the brown kraft that my journal pages are made of as my background and then used lots of paints and glimmer mists.

















I also finished up my layout that was for a challenge where you had to use the title "time flies" as well as a clock face. I found some pictures that were taken at various points in time and made this (talk about a blast from the past!! haha). Check out the portrait pic of me and the hubs and our rockin 80's hair!


















I just love the Pink Paislee mistables paper!!!

We had our sweet peas over on the weekend and had a great visit. Keegan has his cast off and is growing up so fast!














and here we are


















and Caitlyn is now pulling herself up and standing and loves her little ride on toy

















and here we are















The house is slowly coming along. The ceilings are now textured














and now John is working on the basement getting it ready to be drywalled














I can't wait until the cabinets and flooring go in!!!!!!!!!

I woke up with a sore throat this morning so I'm hoping to sleep in this weekend and even play in my art room. I'm hoping I can nip it in the bud with my sinus rinse, wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Hi Glenda!
I LOVE your faves page! Can't wait to try that prompt too! Your layouts are awesome as always; you are the queen of inks and mists! I love what you did with the mistable paper!!! Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words about my Project Life. You can start any time with that project - you don't need to wait! I would love to see what you would do with it!!!

Marit said...

I wish you luck, I wish you luck... hope you didn't get ill Glenda! The pages look beautiful and wowzah, the house is really coming together now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails