Sunday, May 6, 2012

I organized my stamps using Martha Stewart's Home Office. Yep.

So I saw somewhere online where someone had organized their stamps using the new Martha Stewart Home Office line of binders and page protectors and I was like "brilliant!", so will I!!! Of course what I should have been doing was packing or creating something but no..... off I went to Staples and found the Martha section. Now keep in mind that I have never been a Martha fan, ever since you couldn't use the Michael's craft coupons on her stuff. Who the hell did Martha think she was, too good for the Michael's coupon?? Anyways, here is the section at my local Staples store
so I got 3 of the little 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 one inch binders (and I do love the colors)
which were $6.99 each as well as the page protectors which came in different styles for $3.99 each
and I started organized the plastic bins of stamps that I have accumulated over the years. I love the 4 squared pack because they fit my Scenic Route and Daisy Bucket little stamps perfectly but I found I had to cut a wee bit from the packaging for the 'snag em stamps' but it was all good. What I really, really love about the page protectors is that they all have a secure top flap so your stamps don't fall out. Love.


The next style was a 1/2 page little page protector for the small binders and I love how they fit some of the bigger stamps like my larger Daisy Bucket and Heidi Swapp stamps just to name a couple

Love that all my little stamps are no longer going to be forgotten about in a plastic bin. I think this will help me use them more when I can just flip through the binders and see what I have.

Martha also had 8 1/2 x 11 inch binders in the blue and red colors as well but they were only 1 inch for $9.99 which isn't alot of room when you start putting your stamps in. So I got 2 of the Staples brand heavy duty 2 inch binders for $8.74 each

and then I got some of Martha's 8 1/2 x 11 page protectors for it and I found it was more economical to get the larger packs because you got 10 in each pack for $3.99 whereas in the smaller sizes you only got 5 for the same price, go figure??

But I loved the large size for organizing my larger stamp sets like my Technique Tuesdays and Fontwerks and lots of other ones. Here is the full page protector

and the split page protector
and here is one of the large binders full

and all of them lined up so nice and organized!

This wasn't cheap but I was happy with how it turned out and I think in the long run it will help me use my stamps more. I have so many that when they were all piled up in a bin I forgot about so many that I had. I kept certain themed stamps together as well as fonts, etc.. so when I flip through them I will know what I want to use. I would love to know how you organize your stamp collection, let me know!!

I can hardly wait to get into our new house so that perhaps I can actually make something with my now organized stamps. The movers come at the end of this month!! Bring. It. On.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails