Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Year in the Life of an Art Journal and the move!

New prompt up over at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal and here it is:

THE PROMPT: Adventure  ie: family or personal adventures or journeys, road trips etc.
THE STUFF: Maps
old maps, atlas pages, etc
THE TEChNIQUE: transparencies
ie: any kind of clear overlay either professionally printed or printed or drawn yourself

and here is mine:

I had some cool travel paper that was a picture of the map of the world so it was perfect for my background. I just cut up some travel themed die cuts and did a page on how I really need to get over my fear of flying because I do want to travel!! I had some nifty transparency tape that was also travel themed that I stapled onto my travel tags. I did mega journaling on this one and it was a lot of fun.


Now the move. I am now in the new house!!! yay!~ I took all of this week off so I could unpack, clean and organize and I still have lots left to do. The house isn't completely finished, which is challenging because you end up living in a mini construction zone. But at least we are out of the rental!! Here is a pic of my new art room, slowly getting unpacked


and here is Sammy in the box filled dining room


and here is me just drinking to cope with the horror of this move! haha

I am hoping to be almost all organized this weekend in my art room but we also have a Loverboy concert to go to!! woot!! Cannot wait to see them and will post pics. This move has kicked my ass and I'm off to bed now!



2 comments:

Joy said...

Cool page in your journal. As you unpack in your new room I am packing mine up for a move. I LOVE the floors in your new place, well the parts I could see.

Marit said...

The art journal page is stunning Glenda, I love it!! And congrats on the new house and that you finally moved in!!! Good luck unpacking and decorating!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails