Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Year in the Life of an Art Journal

New prompt up today over at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal and here it is:

The prompt this time is brought to you by guest host LIZZIE!


THE PROMPT: Sunshine

THE STUFF: Tape (paper, washi, masking, whatever)

THE TECHNIQUE: Negative Space (using negatives of punches, cut outs, die cuts)

This prompt is totally appropriate for me, because at the moment, sunshine is MISSING in Oregon!! I can't WAIT for the sunshine to come back...

and here is my take on it:
Ok, so I only did one aspect of the prompt which was "sunshine". I got on a roll doing this page and the other 2 things fell by the wayside. I did paint my sun in the corner though!! haha But that's what I love about these prompts, you can be inspired by whatever strikes your fancy and use 1, 2 or all 3!


I'm finding the 12 x 12 size of this new journal a little challenging. I think I have 2 more the same size and will then have to find a smaller one. It was good at first, different, but sometimes it takes alot to fill all the space.
 
On another note, we have a graduate!! woot!! Paige graduated from grade 12 on June 28th and we couldn't be prouder!!! Here are some pics of the big event:




We were sooo proud of her and she looked simply beautiful! Now comes the hard part, finding out what she wants to do with her life! haha
 
On a scrappy note, here is a layout I made from pics from last summer (still catching up due to the big move!)
Well, it's super hot here so I'm going to stay cool inside the house and have some art time! Have a great day and if you are Canadian happy Canada Day!!!

1 comment:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

I love your latest journal page Glenda! The photo in the bottom corner just glows with the paint colors you used! Congrats to Paige too! and p.s. I am in awe of all the books you have read - wow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails