Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Year in the Life of an Art Journal

New prompt is up over at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal!! Here it is:

THE PROMPT: Once Upon a Time

THE STUFF: Share the fairy tale story/character you relate to the most. Give it your own personal twist like the ABC show, where Red Riding Hood IS the wolf...

THE TECHNIQUE: Crowns, Apples, Imagery that echos the fairytale story... use a page from the story itself...

This prompt made me think of the title "Beauty and the beast" which was perfect for this picture I had of my daughter and granddaughter and our dog Skyler. I am a sucker for crowns and love using them alot so I also added one to this page



The hubs and I went out and about yesterday and I went to one of my fave stores, Winners, and got this piece of artwork that I love. John said "it's a picture of nothing" and doesn't like it but I love it!! I told him it's called ART! haha
I love how it complements the red pendant lighting!! I also stopped into Michaels and got a few artsy things and immediately felt guilty as I have been on a self imposed ban because I have so much stuff. But I got some cool washi tape and a couple stamps so I didn't think that was too bad. It's not like I bought more paper right???

Oh, pinch me, I got my tickets to go see Marianas Trench next month!!!!!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Paige said she would go with me and I am sooo pumped!! I love those guys and think they would put on an amazing concert. Can't wait!!! I think the singer Josh Ramsay has such an amazing voice and they are Canadian!!! Here is one of their awesome songs:

and here they are
 and this just made me giggle
I'm super pumped!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails