Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Year in the Life of an Art Journal

Hi there,  today's prompt over at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal is this:

THE PROMPT: Looking Forward
THE STUFF: I'm not usually one for "new year's resolutions" so I'd like to take a different spin on the time worn tradition. What are you looking forward to this coming year? Is it simply the idea of a fresh start? The hope that this year will be kinder? Do you have something new and exciting coming up?
THE TECHNIQUE: Use a calendar grid or date stamp on your page.   When I thought of traditions at Christmas the first one I thought of was Christmas stockings! Ever since I was a little girl we always looked forward to opening our stocking and finding all kinds of treasures and trinkets. I continued this tradition with my own kids and even at 18 and 22 still have a Christmas stocking for them! This was a great page for me to document and I loved using the Viva Las VegaStamps Chevron stamp



to make this art journal page for the above prompt:



Chevrons are so huge right now that I love how it modernizes the old fashioned look of this page.


I know I will be using this stamp alot and would love to have any of you art journalers play along with us over at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails