Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A new "A Year in the Life of an Art Journal" year!!!

How exciting, today is the first new prompt for our new way of doing things over at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal and this time there is something for everyone!! Check it out:

PROMPT: New Year's resolutions or ONE WORD. Do you make New Year's resolutions, or take part in the ONE WORD project?


SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug with your word or something that symbolizes your word. Some ideas would be to take a picture of your mug on top of a page with your word on it, or a trinket that reminds you of that word, or your mug in a setting that reminds you of your word. If your word was say, TRANQUILITY, you might take a picture of a mug in a window looking out into a garden)

Shooters, you can share your shots from this prompt on Monday Mugshots facebook page on the 21st of this month!

BOOKERS: Use watercolors on your page to emulate your word... (if you don't have water colors, watered down acrylic paint will do just fine.) use color to convey that word and what it means to you. While your paint is WET, sprinkle salt on it, and let it sit. When your paint is dry, brush off the salt. (people taking part in the creative prompt can put their mugshot for this prompt on this page.)

Now I'm a booker (which isn't to say I may not be a shooter also at some point, cause I can do that you know...) and this is my art journal page:

























I knew what my word was going to be immediately as it's something I sorely lack and am always trying to improve upon. Patience. I envy people who have the patience of a saint, or even just have patience to begin with!! haha I am very high strung and find this patience thing very elusive but I refuse to give up. I keep trying to be a better person and become more patient. As for technique, not sure what I did. I used paint and glimmer mists so I'll go with that! haha I used this gorgeous soft yellow paper that had felt flocked leaves to give the feeling of serenity, which is turn makes me think of patience.

So, I hope to see you come on over and check out what the rest of the team and guest hosts have come up with. It will also explain a little more about this new year and how the prompts work! I'm super pumped and can't wait until the next one!!!!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I loved this page when I saw it on A Year in the Life site. Maybe the soft yellow contrasted with the bold black? I don't know. I just know that I really like your page. When I journal, I tend to have layer upon layer and texture, but when I scrap, I like clean lines and minimal distractions. I also love that you typed out your thoughts. I like when I can take the time to do that and need to do it more. Great page. =) Visiting from http://heartjournaling.blogspot.com/

Gallery Juana said...

I like the repetitive pattern of the leaves and how you've got them in different colors. They reinforce the mantra-like focus of your word for the year.

I look forward to this year of journaling and seeing more of everyone's contributions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails