Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mermaid love!!

The new prompt is up over at the A Year in the life of an Art Journal and here it is:

PROMPT: Wicked
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug in a Dark setting.
BOOKERS: Remember that Wicked Witch of the East, and her striped stockings? Get painting! Stripe those pages up. http://pinterest.com/pin/57702438946925014/

When I saw the prompt was to paint stripes I was inspired to paint monochromatic stripes using blues to make this 2 page spread about my love of mermaids! All stamps are by Viva Las VegaStamps! (aren't their mermaids gorgeous?????) You can stop by the Viva Las VegaStamps blog to see my blog post and all links to the stamps used.

Here is my art journal spread




and I also used gold embossing powder to do the star
and the bullseye
Before I leave here is one of my fave songs at the moment by the Goo Goo Dolls (of course), it's just perfect.








1 comment:

Sande said...

Great journal page. Nice use of stripes. Love the Goo Goo Dolls and have been lucky to see them live many times.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails