Wednesday, November 20, 2013

2nd Gauche Alchemy Guest Designer Project!!

Totally love guesting with these guys as I have always considered myself to be a secret alchemist. Kind of like a super hero where no one knows you wear the cape, yeah, like that. I'm totally loving all of the inspiration and art journal projects this month at Gauche Alchemy where I'm their November Guest Designer for art journal month!!  Make sure you check out my first post and see the gorgeous Dylusions TechniKit!!

Here is my 2nd art journal project
One of the things that I love to do when I art journal is use photographs. I know not everyone does because everyone has their own ideas or preferences when it comes to art journaling. Some people sketch in their journals (I envy those that can draw well!!), some people paint mini masterpieces (again, envy!), some people collage, etc.. but I really love to use photos. I don't do it all of the time but I like looking back in my journal and seeing where I was at different times in my life as well as my family. 
 
For this 2 page journal spread I gathered up some photos of myself and decided to do a "me" page.  First I went through my stash and picked out a variety of patterned papers as well as part of a magazine page that was in the kit that I wanted to use as my background and glued them onto the journal pages.
Then I used the fabulous Rhonda Palazzari Designs template from the kit as well as the Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions ink spray and just sprayed portions of the journal spread as well as added some washi tape to the bottom.
Once that dried I gathered up the pictures and just set them in place on the journal spread without glueing them down, because the more I add things sometimes I end up changing the placement! I added some chipboard, stickers, stamping, a journal card and even some acetate wings to this piece! 
 
I love seeing how a journal page starts and how it ends up so I thought I would share this with you. One tip I have is when I have pictures or patterned papers that I want to overlap from one page to the next, I cut them in half and then glue them close together so that the journal can open and close without any problems.  I hope you enjoyed my project and that you are inspired to add a photo/photos to your next journal page! Make sure you stop back on November 26th to see my last guest design project!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails