Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Year in the Life of an Art Journal

Hey everyone,  here is the new prompt over at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal:

PROMPT: Fall and Change
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug in the leaves on the ground, or with bare branches in the background.
BOOKERS: Instead of taking the "normal" slant that we prompt blogs like to take around Thanks Giving, I'd like to twist things a bit, and create a page based on the tradition of Winter Solstice. Winter Solstice is a time of change (much like Fall) traditionally, a person might write down some things they would like to let go of or forget in the coming year, and then burn those things in a fire on the night of the 21st as they celebrate the coming of longer days in the new year. I would like you to write a few of those things down, roll them up, and place them on a page (like so: http://pinterest.com/pin/1055599884603117/) and create over the top of them.

Now I've never written down things on paper and then rolled them up and glued them onto my journal so this was a first for me but I enjoyed it! I wrote down things that I would like to let go of or change and used the title "Don't worry" as well as a ton of paint and some ever fabulous  Viva Las VegaStamps! to make this art journal spread:
I love the bright colors on this and the reminder to myself, which I always seem to have trouble heeding, to not worry!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails