Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I'm a Guest Alchemist!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that's right. I'm letting my inner alchemist fly and am super honored to be guesting this month at Gauche Alchemy!! woohoo!!! November is art journal month so when I was asked to be the guest designer I didn't hesitate!! The new Dylusions TechniKit  from Gauche Alchemy is soooo gorgeous!! I can't tell you how much I love that Dylusions art journal. Sigh. Here is the kit in all it's glory:
 How gorgeous is this right??? Man I had fun with this and here is my art journal page
I opened up the first page of my Dylusions art journal and stared at the 1st blank page - the possibilities were endless!!  If you are new to art journaling, don't be afraid. There are no rules. There is no wrong or right.  It's whatever you feel like doing, that's what makes it so fun!! For my 1st page I used the sheet music from the kit to be my background. I just glued it onto the art journal page and then I used the fabulous Rhonda Palazzari Designs template from the kit as well as the Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions ink spray to add another layer of interest. I love using stencils with inks on top of sheet music and other patterned papers because you can see bits of the sheet music peeking through.
I also love using paint and getting messy. I painted over a section of the sheet music and stenciled area so that I could place my tag on it and while I was glueing my tag down my hand accidentally landed in the fresh paint and got on the tag. I decided to leave it on because it added more texture and interest! Sometimes a mistake can work in your favour! haha
I love using punchinella in a couple different ways. One of course is to staple it right onto my page.
You don't have to worry about the staples showing through on the other side because when I do this I just make sure to glue some patterned paper on the other side to cover up the staple. You could also let the staple show through on the other side and incorporate it into your new journal page. The possibilities are again endless!!
The other way I love using punchinella is to put paint on a foam dabber and then dab it onto the punchinella, which leaves cool painty circles on your journal page.
I am a huge fan of quotes and love doing journal pages about them and that was the inspiration behind this page. The little yellow bird on my journal page was in an old National Geographic magazine and I just cut him out and glued him onto my page. There was something about the color yellow that reminded me of happiness and then I was inspired to find a quote about happiness.
When I journal I love using all kinds of items from my stash such as stickers, rhinestones, rub ons, chipboard, die cuts, inks, stamps, anything that I think will look neat on my page.
I hope you enjoyed my art journal page and see you on the 20th for my next Gauche Alchemy project!



1 comment:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Beautiful work Glenda! I love all the color and texture - and great quote too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails