Sunday, January 5, 2014

RIP Skyler 1998-2013

This post is late since I have been dealing with some stressful stuff but I wanted to make sure I got it up.  Our beloved dog, Skyler, had to be put to sleep on December 12, 2013 as he was in alot of pain due to a cruciate ligament tear.  When he first got the injury 2 1/2 years ago the vet didn't think he would ever heal or be able to walk normally but he was able to get around! John says it must have been my love that did it and I like to think so.  It started becoming more and more painful for him and we had him on the maximum dose of painkillers but they weren't helping as he would pace at night and was having trouble laying down to sleep.  We knew then that we didn't want him to keep suffering and it was the hardest thing I've had to do.

He was 16 years old and was a loved member of our family ever since we adopted him from the Humane Society in the summer of 2002. He was always smiling and had a gentle disposition (except when people he didn't know tried to pat him! haha) and we had many nicknames for him such as Skip, Skilly, Big Poppa & Skipper. He never minded when I dressed him up for Halloween or Christmas and was Sam's trusty sidekick.  He will be forever in our hearts and minds and is sorely missed.  Here are some pictures of our furry angel in heaven:








We have alot of great memories and I know I will miss him everyday. xoxo Love you Skip!


2 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Glenda I am so sorry for your loss. I've been there and I know the pain. Skyler was lucky to have someone like you in his life that loved him so much. Hugs to you.

Tera Callihan said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, I know how hard this is, I lost my spike last year too, and he was like my baby, and my best friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails