Sunday, April 27, 2014

R.I.P. Sammy 1997-2014

I wanted to do a post on how we had to say goodbye to our second furry family member on April 4, 2014.  Having to make the decision to say goodbye to each of our "boys" was one of the most heartwrenching and sad things I have ever had to to.  John and I both took Sam to the vet to be put to sleep as he was over 17 and starting to lose his bladder control and was pretty frail.  We had said goodbye to Skyler in December of 2013 and now it was Sam.  I still can't think of them without tearing up and starting to cry, it's just awful.  I cherish the memories of them and was so happy to have had them in our lives.

We had a few nicknames for Sam just like we did for Skyler and some of them were little poppa, Sammy and Sambo.  We adopted Sam in January 1998 from the Humane Society and he was a loved member of our family for 16 years.  Here are some pics of my little poppa and he was truly my little man. I miss him so much.










I like to think that now both of them are together, running and playing in dog heaven. Because all dogs go to heaven right? Love and miss you boys.

1 comment:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Oh Glenda, I am so sorry for your loss of both of your pups within such a short time. I always thought they made such a cute pair, and can tell they were lucky to have you as a mom. My heart aches with you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails