Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Viva Las VegaStamps! and Tsukineko

Mixed Media Blog Hop

Welcome to the IMAGINE Crafts and Viva Las VegaStamps! Blog Hop.  For the next week, our two design teams will be featuring some amazing projects featuring products from both our companies.   Amazing stamps require amazing ink, right?

Mixed Media Prize Package

We're proud to announce your chance to win one of three different Mixed Media Prize Packages from IMAGINE Crafts and Viva Las VegaStamps!  You have until midnight PST on Sunday, May 31st 2014  to comment on as many of the Design Team Blog Posts from this week as possible. On Monday, June 1st  we’ll draw three random blog posts and one comment from each of those posts will win a prize package!

Ready for some inspiration from our artists?

Here's today's posts from IMAGINE Crafts:




And from Viva Las VegaStamps!:



If you're just joining us on the Mixed Media Blog Hop, here' the links to the previous days posts: Saturday, Sunday, Monday

***Blog Hop Hint – if you click on a link that takes you to a page saying something like, “Sorry this page cannot be found” just click on the header at the top of the blog (usually a picture or the blog’s name) and it will take you to that blog’s most recent post. That post *should* be our hop. If not, you can probably scroll down a short way to find the hop post.

The DT members at Viva Las VegaStamps! were fortunate enough to have been given some amazing Tsukineko products to play with and along with the super fabulous Viva Las VegaStamps I made 4 ATC`s!!

I will say that I fell in love with the Tsukineko neon ink pads, I think it’s the 80’s child in me which led to these two 80’s style projects.

The first one I made was the “super star” ATC 
using the fabulous``singer back stamp`` http://www.vlvstamps.com/index.php/singer-back-1-1-2-x-2-1-2.html which to me is totally Madonna!  

I started off with plain white paper and then inked it up using Tsukineko’s ink daubers and the Memento Luxe Teal Zeal and Radiant Neon Electric Blue inks.  Then I had a little star stencil so I placed it on top of the card and used the Imagine Crafts Fireworks spray in Dandelion color and sprayed on top of the stencil.   

Once that was dry I stamped my image into plain white paper using Versafine Ink and then colored her in using watercolor pencils.  I glued her onto the card and also added some die cuts and felt stars.  The felt stars used to be white but I colored them with the Radiant Neon Electric Pink ink pad!  I also wanted to give the card a little more depth so I sprayed it with the Tsukineko’s Goosebumps spray, that stuff is sooo cool!! Here is a closeup of the texture
and how nice and shiny the Fireworks spray made the stars.
My next project that was inspired by the fabulous neon inks was this ATC called “Mix tape” 

I decided this time to do a resist technique using the Goosebumps spray.  I sprayed some Goosebumps on a dauber and then dabbed it onto the stamp.  Then I pressed the stamp onto a plain white piece of paper and let it dry.  Make sure you wash off your stamp right away because it will get sticky!  Once it was dry I then used the Radiant Neon Electric Pink, Radiant Neon Electric Blue and Radiant Neon Electric Green with some daubers and rubbed the different inks onto the resist image and all over the card
Isn’t that cool how the image of the tape pops??  
Then I added some stickers, stamped the word “mix tape” onto the card using Versafine Ink and also inked the edges of the card.  This was a super fun way to use the Goosebumps spray!!
Because I could not stop using these neon inks I made another card using one of my favorite new stamps which is the Banksy Greatness Spray Painter http://www.vlvstamps.com/index.php/latest-releases-spring-2014/banksy-greatness-spray-painter-1-3-4-x-3-1-4.html

isn’t she fab??? Here is my “Achieve Greatness” ATC.  
I stamped the image onto white paper using Versafine Ink 
and then using the fabulous Tsukineko daubers colored the background in neon colors using the colors shown
Now you will notice that there is a white blob of something in the pic.  That was my attempt to do a resist using the Banksy greatness quote but for some reason it failed.  I’m wondering if it has something to do with too much detail in the quote or it was too fine of an image? Anyways, I didn’t want to throw this card away as I loved the background so I just printed out the quote on my computer and glued it over that spot and also used black ink to stencil in some dots, inked the edges of the card and also sprayed Goosebumps on for texture 
  I love this card!



stamps.  
 I made the background using Memento Luxe Teal Zeal, Memento Luxe Bahama Blue, Memento Luxe Dandelion, Memento Luxe Morocco and Radiant Neon Electric Pink inks and then I stamped the stars onto the card using Versafine Ink and glued on my man.  Once I had my quote glued on I also sprayed with some Goosebumps for added texture

I hope you enjoyed my ATC’s and thanks to Tsukineko for allowing me to have all of this fun and play with all of these amazing products!!! 

30 comments:

nattyboots said...

Just super cards ideas and colors used.

TracyM #6773 said...

AWESOME ATC's!!!

LOVE the colors, stamping, layers, textures and design of each one - WOW!!! My efforts in making ATC's are so plain after seeing yours.
LOVE the effect of the Goosebumps and look forward to trying it :)
THANK YOU for sharing your COOL & CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!

herminesplace said...

great series of ATC's. so vribrant and colourful

IrinaR said...

Wonderful performance!Very interesting work!

JPScraps said...

These ATCs are wonderful! I love how you adjusted the last one...;)

Mary C. Nasser said...

Fun series of artwork and colors!

Sheri said...

awesome ATC's

Annie said...

This is a great set of ATCs! Each carries its own inspiration. I loved reading how you fixed the blob. I'm almost always fixing something.

Linsey said...

Wow, these are all incredible! You are quite an artist and your work is really enjoyable to look at!!! Wonderfully inspiring too. Thanks so much for sharing. These stamps are definitely unique! :)

marylouh said...

The first really speaks Las Vegas. I love the third with the man looking into the future. Those two spoke to me. Great projects. Thanks for sharing.

barbara macaskill said...

These are all amazing!! I especially love the Mix Tape ATC! Those were the days my friend! Oh how the world has changed since those golden days of the 80's! I feel bad that our kids and grandchildren don't have the freedom that we had back then. In this technological and scary world we live in now it is so hard to let them go out into the world on their own because you never know what crazy person has a gun and wants to "right a wrong" that is only known to them! I would give anything to have those days back again, even if only for a day!
Sorry to ramble on! Thanks for sharing these awesome ATCs with me!

Blue Rose said...

Glenda,
Unique ATC's...brings back memories. Great, great, job!

grammypat said...

Love your very modern technique . The texture and designs are very interesting. Thanks for sharing

Clay - Scrap - Kreativ .blogspot.de said...

Just fabolous!!! Hugs, Susanne.

Clay - Scrap - Kreativ .blogspot.de said...

Just fabolous!!! Hugs, Susanne.

C said...

These are fabulous mini works of art loved each one.

sue k said...

LOVE your beautiful cards, all of your elements work beautifuly together. You are very talented.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Danielle said...

That mix tape atc is too awesome! Love the neons,and the sentiment!

Robin B. said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and textures.

Mic Starke said...

These are awesome projects! Oh My! I love the texture effects you added.

Gloria Westerman said...

These are so cool...love the inks...awesome color....tfs

McStamper said...

Love your "mini" art. The sayings are great.

Julie said...

Great projects, love the colors.

Karen Petitt said...

Fabulous ATC's! I love that you pushed through after having an issue with one of them! Thank you for sharing, love those gorgeous colours and fabulous stamping too Karen x

Cynthia Clark said...

So diggin' your projects. Great inspiration.

vinita jain said...

Wow, amazing textured ATC's!!! Love what you did!!!

Jean Bullock said...

Awesome ATC cards. The last two are my favorites.

Roberta B said...

Great ATC's love your color choices!!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Wow! You rocked it out with these cool ATCs!! Love the man looking at the stars the best!!!

Katie said...

These quotes are so true, Love the lady with the bandana over her mouth and love that mixed tape stamp. Great job! Love what you have done. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails