Sunday, November 2, 2014

Journal page and new art room pics!

Hi there, I made an art journal page for the Shopping our stash challenge which was to use something round.  I had these pages I had made using alot of paints and my Gelli plate and I also used a round stencil that I used black spray paint on as well as round painty circles.
It's a page about how much I love my new art room and I'll show you some pictures why! Since we moved this past summer I FINALLY unpacked (mostly) and am loving my new art room.
 I love how spacious the room is and I finally have a place for everything and everything in its place (well mostly...don't look too hard! haha)
 Here is my desk where I have my project life trays and the art journal page I just made above. It is very messy and cluttered so I guess I know what I'm doing after this blog post - cleaning it up!
 Here is my computer desk and I love the bulletin board where I post my layouts/project life pages before I put them away. I like to enjoy them for a while!  I also have the canveses I've made surrounding that.  To the right is a bookcase that holds all my washi tapes, alcohol inks, art journals, stencils and some stamps in binders as well as my ATC binders and misc. items.
 I love this area!!! I have all of my inks and mists on the white shelving and all of my wood mounted stamps.  The tall bookcase holds my scrap/art reference books as well as my punches and molding pastes, etc.  The cube beside that holds my 12 x 12 papers (most of them, I have another obscene pile on a bookcase....) as well as my Slice die cutter that has stopped working, my Gelli plate and some misc items.  Beside that is a plastic storage bin that holds alot of my chipboard and beside that another bin that holds pens, watercolor pencils, adhesives, and alot more crap that I cannot believe I have purchased and stored over the years. It's insane.
 Love.
 The hubs got me this white metal storage unit and I looooveeee it!!!! I have always wanted one like this and I pinch myself every time I look at it. He is the best!!! Love that man.

In the closet I have 2 of the white metal shelving units that John got me and they hold all my Viva Las VegaStamps! rubber stamps, stickers, chipboard and alot of stuff that I forgot I even had until I unpacked.  I got plastic storage totes with lids from the dollar store and I put labels on each one to organize my stamps.  I have one for women, men, objects, mixed media, letters/alphas, etc.. It helps me alot as I have so many that I'm not searching forever when I want a particular one.  Plus all the crap on the floor is stuff that I just couldn't deal with and will leave for a rainy day!! haha  It goes unsaid that I don't buy scrap supplies any more and haven't for a while, except for some project life stuff.  But even then I felt immense guilt as the stuff I have is crazy.  

I don't  know about you but when scrapping was at it's peak and there were all the scrap celebrities and cool kids showing off the cool layouts and supplies, I just felt like I had to have everything!! It was insane.  I can safely say now that I don't go online to see what new stuff is out there because I feel good using up my old school stash and challenging myself to make it "new school".

How about you, did you go on scrappy overload and shudder now when you look at your stash?? Yikes. 

2 comments:

Squirrel said...

Hi Unicorn!
I was going through the ScrapJazz Gallery and noticed your work, and found your blog. When I get time I'll leave some comments for you, but I just wanted to let you know how much I love your LOs and your wonderful new room! It would be lovely to see you in the SJ forums if you find any spare time. Come and chat!
Rosey x (RedSquirrel)

Robin Horasanian said...

You have a really nice space. I love how light it is. My studio space is in the basement. Although I have a lot of room, I crave natural light! Thanks for sharing your link.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails