Hi everyone, Glenda here with a pocket page layout all about me. I
thought it would be fun to do a layout on myself and I had alot of fun
using 4 different Viva Las VegaStamps! stamps to make this page. Forgive the glare on
some of the pockets as it's a bugger trying to photograph these
Alot of the stamps are just the right size for either ATC's or for the pocket cards.
I love this Lady hair blowing stamp so I stamped her onto white cardstock and then cut her out
I used black marker to make her darker as well as Sakura Gelly rolls to
color in the little hearts on the camera. Here are few more close ups
Hi there, today I would like to share a bit about this gorgeous book I received in the mail to review called Coloring Animal Mandalas by Wendy Piersall
From the Sanskrit word for "circle," mandalas have been used for meditation and healing for thousands of years. The images inside are beautiful and intricate and I cannot wait to get out my colored pencils and color them!! There is one image inside that I particularly love and it's a Pegasus so I will definitely be starting with him.
I can see that this would be a very relaxing and calming activity. By focusing on the coloring of the detailed images I can see how you would clear your mind of everything else and just relax and be in the moment. I have loved coloring since I was a child and the intricacy of the images in this book appeals to the adult artist in me as well as the inner child. I can see that this book would make a great gift and would appeal to many ages. There are 31 images in this book that include birds, horses, frogs, sea images, cats, and much more.
If you love the look of the cover (the coloring of this bird is amazing!!) and want to see more, head on over to Wendy's animal mandala webpage here where you will find many gorgeous images ready for you to click on and print off! You can also order it and see more on the Amazon.ca website.
It's been a long time since I've caught up here. So much has happened last month that it's just crazy!! Here is a breakdown:
1. I went on vacay to see my parents and as I was waiting at the Regina airport I saw Josh Ramsay from Marianas Trench!!!!!! Pinch me!!! Of course I had to ask for his picture and it totally made my day as I LOVE those guys!!!
How freakin awesome is this???? I was super pumped!!!!!
2. Had a blast while visiting my parents and sister and we went on a roadie to Jasper and did the jaw dropping Glacier Skywalk!! Check this out:
here is what it looks like hanging from the side of the mountain, crazy right?? The floor of the skywalk is totally clear so you can see everything below!!
I was very nervous about it all, especially since we had to take a bus up the mountain that I called "The Tippy" but once we got up there I stepped right out onto it and conquered my fears!! It was scary and amazing all at the same time!
3. We moved! This move has me all shook up and I'm still trying to get unpacked and organized. Here is my new art room and I'll post some more pics once I get it all unpacked and better organized. I will say I love all the new space I have!! Those two white shelves in the corner are amazing for holding my stamps and mists/inks. I have the hubs to thank for these!!
4. I forgot to post a pocket spread I did on our Huey Lewis and the News concert we went to in May (see I told you I was behind!!)
I know the pictures aren't the greatest as I haven't found the right room in the new house yet to take non glaring pictures. grrrr!!
5. I was pubbed in two different magazines this fall! The first one is RubberStampMadness in the Fall 2014 issue on pg. 51 with my "Waste of Time" ATC featuring of course Viva Las VegaStamps!!
and in the Fall 2014 issue of Canadian Scrapbooker on pg. 105!
and that's my life for last month in a nutshell! I'm in my art room today where I hope to make something as it's been so long! Have a fabulous day!