Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I miss my boys

Last year was a very dificult year as we had to say goodbye to both of our "boys", Sam was 17 and Skyler was 16 1/2.  They had good long lives but for anyone who loses their heart to a pet (family member really!) it is never long enough and I miss them dearly.

One thing I love about art journaling is that I can chronicle or put down on paper what I'm feeling so for this art journal spread I dedicated it to our boys.  Here is my journal spread and then I will show you how I made it!
I started out with two pages that I had cleaned my Gelli plate off of as well as different Viva Las VegaStamps! stamps stamps (looks nothing like the journal spread above right??) and I appologize for the blurry pic but I took it at night and didn't realize it was so blurry...
 Then I took a stencil and used blue paint to create the design over the two pages and then poured some orange paint in a line and used a trowel to spread it
leaving it now looking like this
I sat there looking at it and didn't care for the in your face colors... so I took the same stencil and used cream colored paint and "bumped" the stencil, leaving it now looking like this (amazing how different it now looks right?)
much better! I now added some turquoise and pink paint and words as well as a bunch of stamps (can you spot them all?) and then glued a picture of my cherished boys on as well.
Once again here is the finished journal spread
 I used the line of chevrons stamp, the You are here stamp, Waybill/invoice background, the design open circles, solid star in circle, smear/smudge, writing triangles, tape, double coffee rings and last but not least the bubble wrap texture!

Here are some close ups of the different stamps




Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my project!


3 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

It's so hard losing an animal companion, let alone two in one year! My heart goes out to you Glenda! Your tribute page is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the process. (((Hugs from Minnesota)))

Marit said...

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your friends Glenda - I know how hard it is to loose an animal that was with you for so long. I love the art journal page you made as a tribute... isn't it marvelous to be able to get the feelings out in paper, paint and stamps. Art journaling is really 'life saving' sometimes (and much cheaper than a therapist...!) Oh, and did I wish you a Happy New Year already? A bit late maybe, but Happy 2015!!! May it bring everything you wish for.

Kimberly Kett said...

We had to put our cat down earlier this year, that was hard :( (((HUGS)))

I think you captured your feelings beautifully here. LOVING all the textured layers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails