Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Double "WOW" factor!

What's better than Viva Las VegaStamps! I ask? Well how about Viva Las VegaStamps! and WOW embossing powder!!!  The design team was graciously given WOW embossing powder to have some fun with and we teamed up with the design team over at WOW for a swap!!  It's like I couldn't stop! I was an embossing fiend!! haha

I made 4 ATC's (see I told you I just couldn't stop!!) and here is the first one which happens to be my favorite of the series called "superboy".
 Isn't his gold cape and boots gorgeous?? Here is how I did this.  First off I took a piece of white cardstock and some ink and smudged it on using green.  I also stamped out the little  boy in cape onto white cardstock and cut him out.
 Next I took a stencil and used a darker green ink and sponge dabbed it onto the lighter green.
 Now I went crazy and used a bunch of different colors of ink as I wanted this piece to be colorful!
 Now the trick to getting his cape and boots gold was to also stamp the image using versamark and then I sprinkled the Pearl Gold Sparkle embossing powder and then heat set it.
 Then I cut out only the nice sparkly gold cape and boots
and then I placed the boy onto the card (oops I missed telling you all how I also embossed the background using the waybill/invoice background stamp) and glued the gold cape and boots onto the original stamped image and then glued the boy onto the card.
Here is a close up of all the stamped and embossed goodness (sorry for the dark pic!)
 Once again here is the finished ATC
Next up is this ATC I made using the grungey guy,  the not all who wander are lost  and the stars
stamp as well as the addicting Pearl Gold Sparkle WOW embossing powder.  I call this ATC "not all who wander are lost"
 This next ATC is called "censored" and I used the banksy diving helmet boy, the row of stars and the censored stamp.  For the embossing powder I'm pretty sure I used the Pearl Gold Sparkle WOW embossing powder again, but I also have the Metallic Brass powder and I didn't write this down.. sorry! But looking at it looks like gold so we'll go with that shall we?
Ok, this last ATC is called "grow" and it's very different from my usual style but I liked the technique I used.  I made this using a variety of flowers from Plate 916 as well as Metalline Green and Nice Ice Blue WOW Embossing Powders
What I did to make this was to stamp some of the flowers using just plain colored ink and then when that was dry I used versamark to stamp other flowers on top, sprinkled different colored embossing powders on and then heat set.
Here is a close up
I wasn't lying when I said I got carried away was I? I would love to know which ATC out of these 4 was your favorite? Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my projects.




1 comment:

Marit said...

Indeed WOW Glenda! I love the 'not all who wander' ATC but that may be because I know that line all too well, it's from "Lord of the Rings" and I used it years (hmmm, decades!) ago on my graduation-art-exhibition. I don't emboss a lot myself but seeing this, I might dig out the powder again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails